HW: Silver Machine

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Fri Feb 23 13:52:49 EST 1996

> Ok I'm looking for some information here. Who is this Doug Smith character?
> What is his relationship with HW and why doesn't he want their music
> released (or at least that's the impression BOC-L folks give ... )?

        Doug Smith is ..... their *manager*.  Not to mention either
incompetant, or a bastard, and very likely both.  I mean, judging from
the way the band is managed it's an inescapable conclusion.

        He used to manage Motorhead as well, but to Lemmy's great
satisfaction they shook free of him.  There are financial irregularities
concerning Doug Smith's doings that seem to at least rival the
_Imaginos_ payment debacle.

Cheers,
Carl