chop socky

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Fri Feb 23 16:30:56 EST 1996

On Fri, 23 Feb 1996, Ted O. Jackson wrote:

> I saw a preview of it on one of the morning news shows, and it looks
> amazing.  How can this guy still be alive after some of the stunts he
> does?  He's a real macho animal as opposed to the phony hollywood type

I remember seeing a documentary about him and his films as part of
Johnathan Ross' _The Incredibly Strange Film Show_ series.  One thing I
remember is an anecdote about how he almost died as a result of a stunt
when filming an "Indiana Jones" type film overseas.  He fell quite some
distance after a jump went wrong (I think a tree branch snapped, or
something).  I recall him complaining about not having a Hong Kong film
crew working for him at the time, quipping something like "a Hong Kong
cameraman would have caught me instead of moving out the way and letting
me hit the ground like the location cameraman did. :-)"

I am amazed he can still keep up such hectic stunts after so long in the
business.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Catfish Keith, _Jitterbug Swing_