HW: Silver Machine

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Fri Feb 23 16:36:48 EST 1996

>> Ok I'm looking for some information here. Who is this Doug Smith character?
>> What is his relationship with HW and why doesn't he want their music
>> released (or at least that's the impression BOC-L folks give ... )?
>
>        Doug Smith is ..... their *manager*.  Not to mention either
>incompetant, or a bastard, and very likely both.  I mean, judging from
>the way the band is managed it's an inescapable conclusion.
>
>        He used to manage Motorhead as well, but to Lemmy's great
>satisfaction they shook free of him.  There are financial irregularities
>concerning Doug Smith's doings that seem to at least rival the
>_Imaginos_ payment debacle.

Was he the "Actonium Doug" character in the "Queens of Lemuria" book?
Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Chancellor                                            of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)