BOC: Joey Cerisano

ROBERT SEDLER robert.sedler at NOR.MKL.COM
Sat Feb 24 14:53:00 EST 1996

Rich Hamel sez:

>When I first heard the tune, I thought that the
>vocal was a guest appearance by Ronny
>James Dio!!!!

You took the words right out of Torgo's mouth. The night I "discovered"
that there was such an animal as Imaginos I was in a music store with a
friend who is also a BOC fanatic (and on this list). We went in the store
to look for a new BOC album because my friend had a dream that they had
some new tunes out. We found two (2) cassettes of Imaginos and we each got
one, leaving the store fresh out of Imaginos. I remember how we held onto
them with death grips as we dashed to the register. Ahhhhhh, it was truly a
magical moment.

I remember us jamming to side one on the way home that night and commenting
on how much we liked the album. I really fell in love with this album when
the beginning of "Frankenstein" began pounding my cranium. Those god-
pounding heavy drums mixed with the eerie, tinkling "weedly deedly" piano
part blew me away. The vocals REALLY threw me for a loop though. I remember
first thinking that it sounded like Al, simply because I knew it just *HAD*
to be one of the BOC boys on vocals, but by the time the long, held
"Fran-ken-steeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiin"  parts came in I was convinced it was
either Dio or Dio's little brother.

I'm still not crazy about Roger's vocals. I say if Joey is available, teach
him to play "Stun Guitar" and put him on the payroll. He's amazing.

Torgo has left the building...