OFF: Amon Duul with Robert Calvert

Craig Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Tue Feb 27 13:33:26 EST 1996

> > > I just picked up Amon Duul's _Die Losung_ with special guest Robert Calvert.
> > > Does anyone know if he did any more than just sing on Urban Indian?  That's
> > > the onlypart that I can identify his voice.
> > > Did he do any other work with Amon Duul?
>
> > Not sure, I think he sang on several tracks. But, some of that spacey guitar
> > and synth work are courtesy of Ed and Joie of the Ozrics (hint, they are
> > billed as "Ed and Joie Ozric", get it? Get it??).
>
> Yeah, I saw the Ozrics listed, and thought about the Ozrics, but none of my
> Ozrics CDs have last names, so I didn't know it was the same people.  I
> didn't realize there were people in Ozric Tentacles named "Ozric".  My Amon
> Duul one, though, lists Joey, not Joie.
>
> -kevin
>
> --
> Kevin Rubin aka 3999RK60 RU5M7I              Co-Op Network Operations Manager
> gnome at teleport.com         Oregon Coast Rural Information Service Cooperative
> http://www.teleport.com/~gnome
> "Experience is something you don't get until after you need it." -Olivier

They aren't named Ozric. Ed is Ed Wynne and Joie (Joey?) is Joie Hinton.
But the playing is most definitly Ozric-ish. One track (can't remember the
name) sounds so much like an OT-outake, it's scary.

      -m------- Craig Shipley   aka: craigs at pyratl.ga.pyramid.com
    ---mmm----- Pyramid Technology Corporation, A Siemens-Nixdorf Company
  -----mmmmm--- 1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Suite 400
-------mmmmmmm- Atlanta, GA 30342      (404) 845-3404