seeing how the other half lives

Kevin Haskel Rubin gnome at TELEPORT.COM
Wed Feb 28 10:55:14 EST 1996

> It's a 4-song cd titled *Quark, Strangeness & Charm*.
> I really like the title track but the rest seems a bit on the
> "techno" side for me.  Is this cd a good example of HW or did I
> waste my money?  If it's not, can anyone out there throw me a bisquit
> and name some cd's that might be found in the heart of up-state NY.

The title track is straight Hawkwind, but the techno stuff isn't at all
typical.  That's remixed by someone else (Astralasia?).

Some good examples would start with _Space Ritual_ or _Chronicle of the
Black Sword_ but others would likely suggest something else.  There's a full
CD called _Quark Strangeness and Charm_ which is mostly like the first song,
and shouldn't be confused with the 4-song one of the same name.  It's good,
too.

There's a huge variety in Hawkwind music over the years, but the one you got
isn't real typical of most of their other stuff.

-kevin

--
Kevin Rubin aka 3999RK60 RU5M7I              Co-Op Network Operations Manager
gnome at teleport.com         Oregon Coast Rural Information Service Cooperative