seeing how the other half lives

Stephen Swann swann at PHANTOM.COM
Wed Feb 28 12:11:45 EST 1996

Martyn White writes:

> >> It's a 4-song cd titled *Quark, Strangeness & Charm*.
> >> I really like the title track but the rest seems a bit on the
>
> >The title track is straight Hawkwind
>
>         I have to disagree with the opinions so far.  QSC sucks the big
> one IMO.  The lyrics are so stupid as to make you cringe and the music
> borders on disco.  When they released this song, I gave up on Hawkwind
> for nearly eight years.

Martyn - I feel the same way as you about the title track from "QS&C".
But the version on _The Business Trip_ (which, from what people have
been saying, is the same as the version on the 4 song CD that the
original poster was asking about) is actually quite good!  It sounds
*radically* different than the studio version.

> >There's a huge variety in Hawkwind music over the years
>
>         Damn right :-).  To new hawkwindies, I would recommend
> Space Ritual, Live Chronicles and Palace Springs

I agree, especially the first 2.  ;-)

Steve