OTHER: GONG, politicos, new $100

Rudich, Robert A Rudich at VOLPE2.DOT.GOV
Wed Feb 28 17:46:00 EST 1996

>Usually reliable sources are now reporting that Tim Blake will do the
Bottom
>Line shows in NYC 3/8. They seem pretty sure of this:-). Anyone hear
>anything?

They are supposed to play Boston the day before this and I'll be taping, so
I hope it's true.   Maybe I'll even try yelling for "New Jerusalem."

>Wouldn't it be more effective to wait until the Election and all vote
>Libertarian? They've made it quite clear that they're utterly opposed to
>any censorship at all, on the Net or off it.

There is a guy on the Vermont and Wisc. ballots for the presidential
election by the name Rev. Bud Green (AFAIK) (check it out, BP).  He wants to
get herb legalized.  Might be as worthwhile a vote as Libertarian.   Both
will have the same impact in our hard core 2 party system.

Got an advance look at the new US $100 bill today.  Quite interesting
design.  In the lower right of the face is the denomination in  Optical
Verification Ink.   Looks a light kelly green viewed from above and a deep
blue at an oblique angle.  Doug Smith must be handling it because it will
1st be seen in Europe later this month.  The US won't get it for a little
while.  OVI ink won't copy on a color copier properly and costs $33K+ per 55
gal. barrel.

Rudy
Had BOC-L server problems too.