HW: seeing how the other half lives

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Thu Feb 29 01:13:43 EST 1996

>I'm also on the list mainly for BOC. I don't know the 4-song CD you
>mention, but Hawkwind released an album called Quark, Strangeness and
>Charm back in the seventies.

I believe it's a new recording of the song QS&C, played the way HW have
been playing it live since the last couple of years. You'll probably
get a much more detailed secription of this disc from someone else, if
not Bernhard. When I read the review, I chose not to buy it. I can;t
remember what it said, though.
You'll undoubtedly get lots of other HW recommendations to buy. These
are my favourites: In Search of Space, Space Ritual, Quark Strangeness
and Charm, Levitation, Warrior On the Edge of Time, Astounding Sounds
Amazing Music. All records are from before 1980, I believe.
More recently the BBC have released recordings from 1972 (a couple of
months before Space Ritual was recorded). I like that one very much,
but all songs are also on Space Ritual (which is a double CD, so it
might be more interesting to get a impression of HW).

>Hawkwind have made some great
>records and some terrible records, but the original Q,S & C
>is one of the best.

I agree on all aspects.

Jerry