seeing how the other half lives

Matthew Curtis matt at PCMICRO.COM.AU
Thu Feb 29 22:00:45 EST 1996

(this is very OFF:)

Kevin Haskel Rubin wrote (on the QS&C single):

> The title track is straight Hawkwind, but the techno stuff isn't at all
> typical.  That's remixed by someone else (Astralasia?).

I dunno about Astralasia, but the other name credited for the remix
was Swordfish. They're a techno band from Sydney, Australia, usually
on the Volition label (who do Severed Heads, Itch-e+Scratch-e, etc.;
mostly Sydney techno bands.) They're kinda pulp techno, but (as
techno goes) they're usually better than this.. The "Uncle Sam"
remixes were pretty bad IMHO.

> There's a full
> CD called _Quark Strangeness and Charm_ which is mostly like the first song,
> and shouldn't be confused with the 4-song one of the same name.  It's good,
> too.

As a HW newbie, my opinion is expressed very _very_ humbly, but I'd
like to say the album QS&C has many _excellent_ tracks which are more
"sensible" than the song QS&C (e.g. "Spirit of the Age").

-matt (delicately placing foot in mouth)

--
Matthew Curtis (matt at pcmicro.com.au) #612340583175
(R)  IMPENDING DOOM HAS ARRIVED                             page 1 of 1 pages