Twas a HW New Year!

William Stone stone1 at IX.NETCOM.COM
Mon Jan 1 10:56:09 EST 1996

  Just recovering from the Eve celebration, and what an Eve it was!
The F/I show included an excellent set by a bunch of guys calling
themselves Lost in Space. Around 11 people were on stage, including 2
from F/I and the fellow who sat in with Nik on guitar last time he was
in town.

  These guys hammered out an hour and a half of SR style HW covers, and
did it beautifully!  Set list included Down Through the Night, Demented
Man (!), Uncle Sam's on Mars, Robot, Space is Deep, Sonic Attack,
Standing at the Edge, Master of the Universe and The Watcher.

  2 guitars, bass, 3 keyboard/effects, flute/sax, 2 drummers, 2
vox/acoustic. The synth effects in particular were brilliant. And
according to one of the guitarists, they just put the band together the
night before...

  F/I were, to be kind, there. Or at least partially.

  There was an exhibition of HW goodies that was quite impressive.
Album covers lined a wall from floor to ceiling. Quite humbling to a
guy who owns a mere 60 pieces :) Altho I did notice that Friends and
Relations 2 was missing...

   I managed a chat with the guy who owned most of the collection, and
he mentioned a few items he's still seeking. Of course I realize that
these are real toughies, butI offered to post them if anyone happens to
spot them:

   Hawkwind/Jefferson Starship
   Hawkwind/VDGG
   Rock Legends
   Hawkwind Mind Journey  (he said there is only 1 copy known to
                           exist?)
   ICU - Maximum Effect

  Anyway, back to bed! :)

Wylie