BRAIN / BOC INdy CD's and Royalties/Stale Set List

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Wed Jan 3 12:33:00 EST 1996

>The performance royalties go directly to the BOC office which is under the
> control of Steve Schenck. I'm supposed to be paid for my performances but
> BOC claims they don't make enough for me to get paid. They've taken a lot
> of my money. This has made them appear as not very honorable people in my
> eyes. How would you feel?
> Al
>
>Understandable, and also supportive of the point I was getting at. Buck and
>Eric are credited on the more played tunes (Reaper, BFY), so you'd have
>to assume from a royalty sense they are bringing in more cabbage than you
>are. You'd also have to assume that they could've afforded to put their own
>CD out by now if they wanted. perhaps its more a lack of material?

>Am I correct that someone has mentioned that even the current new tune's
>lyrics are written by outside writers?

                                                                Rich
Would also explain why the set list remains fairly stale and static.  Would
assume the fewer songs credited to Al the less royalties due.  As they are
preforming it wouldn't be hard to keep an accounting of Al's songs.

Question:  What about Cult Classics?  This was released on Herald and all
songs were re-preformed.  Are any royalties recieved from this?