BRAIN / BOC INdy CD's and Royalties/The Costs

E F des at RITZ.MORDOR.COM
Wed Jan 3 10:17:28 EST 1996

Then Jean Wrote:

> Quick check of credits on CC shows engineering and some production as
> outside the "inner circle" of the band and Schenck, where on Trep
> everything was in the family until mastering.
>
> I recall a comment from Buck a couple of years ago about the new songs
> being aimed at getting signed to a major label.  Lack of
> experience/confidence at doing things themselves?

I have a feeling towards this that it is more a case of "Two Many Cooks."
How would they go about dividing up the workload of a
self-produced/promoted record?  Figure that you have to have Buck and
Eric in there, it would probably be in Allen's best interests then would
the new guys be included or would they even want to?  Plus the "touring"
schedule would have to be worked around.  Also I see the touring as the
only new source of income for the group so why put that aside just to cut
a record?

In the case of Al and Deb whre it is pretty much their project and band
and they get to call the shots it's a much easier thing to undertake.
And living in the same household probably helps a lot too.

Cheers--

--Eric

PS.  Been a long long time since I've posted here.  Hi Everybody!
    Happy Chanuka, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, Happy New Year.