HW (Nik): Sphinx vs. Anubian Lights

Kevin Haskel Rubin gnome at TELEPORT.COM
Wed Jan 3 16:21:23 EST 1996

The Great Quail Queries:
> I have recently acquired a Nik Turner CD from Cleopatra, called "Sphinx."
> I have heard much discussion about one of his other CD's called "Anubian
> Lights," which I have never been able to find. Could these two CD's be
> one and the same? (The tracks on "Sphinx" start off with:The Awakening,
> Thoth, God Rock, Anubis, Isis and Nepthys, . . . etc.) Could anyone shed
> some light on this dilemma?

No, they're pretty radically different.  Sphinx is more kind of hard rock,
while Anubian Lights (which I think is actually the group name) is much,
much softer, kind of ambient.

The Anubian Lights one seems to always be in stock at Tower around here.

-kevin

--
Kevin Rubin aka 3999RK60 RU5M7I              Co-Op Network Operations Manager
gnome at teleport.com         Oregon Coast Rural Information Service Cooperative