HW (Nik): Sphinx vs. Anubian Lights

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Wed Jan 3 22:40:31 EST 1996

The Great Quail writes:

> I have recently acquired a Nik Turner CD from Cleopatra, called "Sphinx."
> I have heard much discussion about one of his other CD's called "Anubian
> Lights," which I have never been able to find. Could these two CD's be
> one and the same? (The tracks on "Sphinx" start off with:The Awakening,
> Thoth, God Rock, Anubis, Isis and Nepthys, . . . etc.) Could anyone shed
> some light on this dilemma?

The two CDs are not the same (I have both).  "Anubian Lights" is, in
fact, the name of the band; the CD is actually entitled _The Eternal
Sky_.  (Maybe this is why you are having trouble finding it?).

_Sphynx_ is actually an updated re-recording of Nik's earlier solo
album, _Xitintoday_.

If it helps any, here is my Swannesque capsule review of _The Eternal
Sky_: "Ambient techno from the pyramids!"

I like both albums.

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.