BOC fall off

ross.reyes reyes at ALOFT.ATT.COM
Thu Jan 4 10:26:58 EST 1996

Theo,  My opinion is that they (BOC) were too wrapped up in producing
very high quality studio records.  (and why they had to give fans
three live ones over the span of 7 or 8 years is still a mystery to
me.)  Even today, regarding a new BOC effort, I think the overblown
studio requirements that the band imposes on themselves is still an issue.
Both from the standpoint of cost and time/effort.

They should have focused more on what was their earlier succussful
style.  That like used on debut, TM, and ST.  Once they started using
high tech studios and costly production techniques it slowed them
down.  Their popularity and quality also fell off as a result, the
songwritting I thought was their strength and it took a back seat to
the studio prodcution.

If I were to give them advice it'd be to jump back in with a
bare bones studio jamming effort sans the electronic gimmicktry.

RR