BOC fall off

HWillman at AOL.COM HWillman at AOL.COM
Thu Jan 4 19:30:36 EST 1996

I don't normally do this, but what the hay!

In a message dated 96-01-04 17:03:52 EST, RR writes:

>No.  and it wasn't coincident with Albert leaving.

It may not explain everything, but it certainly explains a lot to me.  Some
seven years later we finally heard Imaginos. Some 15 years later it's clear
the boy can still write, produce, play, and pick talent -- and all with
impressive creativity and hard work.  Funny thing is, those left in the band
can still play exceptionally well (witness Buck especially).  WHAT the
difference is and WHY it happened has been discussed many times here, but I
still think the band would not have fallen off had Al stayed.

>It was, at the peak of their popularity, when following Specters
>we got SEE, then Mirrors, then CE.  Three duds in a row!

Agree except for CE.  A big fave of mine.  I've felt the lull, album-wise,
came after FOUO.

>Sorry, but I think it's more accurate.

I wouldn't be sorry -- accuracy in this sense is in the eye of the beholder.
 Personally, I miss 'em.  But I can still listen to the old stuff.

-- Howard