BRAIN / BOC INdy CD's and Royalties

john paine jpaine at LINKNET.KITSAP.LIB.WA.US
Fri Jan 5 00:20:22 EST 1996

IMHO, the premature demise of BOC as a headliner-type of band was the
typical nature of the music business to seize on a commercially popular
band and jettison them after they fall out of the limelight.  Not to
imply that BOC has ever pandered very much to commercial success, but
that the music and lyrics happened to strike a chord in the psyche of
America at an opportune time.  The American psyche moved on, but the
faithful remain.

In re Black Sabbath - I must agree that the band sells on the name rather
than the material.  Metalheads still like the old stuff, but I'm
hardpressed to remember any of the new.

        - Passerby in Time Square