BOC fall off/Live Albums

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Sat Jan 6 12:45:00 EST 1996

> >If I were to give them advice it'd be to jump back in with a
> >bare bones studio jamming effort sans the electronic gimmicktry.
> >RR
>
> In my mind their is a happy medium between these two thoughts.  The name
of
> the guy escapes me but there is a producer who has worked with Pearl Jam,
> Stone Temple Pilots and King's X who's unique style makes studio
recordings
> sound more like live jam sessions.  The Dogman cd by King's X  really
brings
> out this quality with power numbers such as Pillow.  BOC doing See you in
> Black, Harvest Moon et. al. would sound terrific.  I'll get the guys name
> and maybe someone can forward it to Eyes on AOL.
>
> AB

>AB,
>Are you thinking of Brendan O'Brien(Byrne?)?  Trouble is, all his
>records sound the same, though he produced (and played on) country
>dude Billy Joe Shaver's latest album!  What a trip.  The dude's
>versatile for sure.
>theo

Ooops forgot to look at my Dogman cd but the name rings a bell.  Very true
about sounding alike but I only feel that way about his work with Pearl Jam
and Stone Temple Pilots many people I know can't tell one group from the
other.  KX's Dogman cd dosen't sound like either of those except for the
live quality feel.  PJ and STP are pretty similar groups in overall sound
but KX is unique so the effects not the same.  As long as he could produce
the live jam feel like BOC and TM, BOC's new stuff would shine right through
and sound great.

AB