Theo and lack of quality music - Robo & Crap

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Sun Jan 7 19:15:00 EST 1996

>Actually, music IMHO is neither "good" nor "bad" -- you either like it
>or you don't, and the fact that many people like a certain music doesn't
>make it "good" music, and neither does the fact that I don't like alot
>of modern music mean that it's crap.
>
>John
>
>what IS crap is that certain bands don't get recognition...the Grammys are
>comin up...is Monster Magnet nominated?  probly not...although I feel that
>their "Dopes" album is the BEST album I listened to in 95...I doubt that
the
>people who nominate these artists look any deeper than top 40 radio or
>MTV....

>have Blue Oyster Cult ever come close to being nominated for a Grammy?

>ROBO

Well said Robo.  Aren't the Grammys based somewhat on commercial success?
  While awards like this are probably somewhat flattering to artist, the
love of the fans is probably more appreciated.

AB