HW: New Year

cjohnson cjohnson at SUR1A.HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Mon Jan 8 13:27:01 EST 1996

>They were selling a few CD's there as well...nothing I didn't already
>have except for Simon House's Yassassim, for $22 I think.  I passed on
>this, as I don't know whether there is a US release planned.

       I have yet to see it, but someone on the list claimed to have found
       the GRIFFIN release of "Yassasim" in their local store...  I called
       Mike Coleman a couple of days ago and told him it was out & please
       start looking for a copy for me.

>Jim Collins of TofE was there, with a bunch of CD's and tapes had had for
>sale, as well as a sign up for the Ozrics newsletter....he also
>said that he's going to start up a HW newsletter as well....I know
>he's been working on a lengthy tour review booklet from last April,
>called Hawktales or something, but I guess he's going to do
>something on a regular basis as well.

       I have already received Jim's first part of "American Hawk Tales",
       which is Jim's log from the HW 1995 US Tour.  He is selling it in
       two parts, the first now ready and the second available around the
       end of January, for $5.00 each.  The first part is over 40 pages
       long.  Most pages are copies of various 1995 press kits and bios,
       as well as copies of ticket stubs and advertising from the various
       shows.  There are also some published reviews from various
       magazines of the 1995 tour.  Jim also includes a blow-by-blow
       account of the shows he attended (the ones he remembers 8-)); looks
       like he made it to most of them.

       If anybody wants to know how to get ahold of Jim Collins for copies
       of this booklet, or to join the Tentacles of Erpland (Ozrics fan
       club), feel free to Email me for the info.

>Anyway, I'm glad he was there, 'cause I got a couple of CD's I had
>wanted for awhile....Melting Euphoria's 'Upon the Solar Winds',

       A good choice!  Although extremely similar to their independent
       label release called "Through the Strands (Sands?) of Time".  I
       have both, and I believe that M.E. replaced most of their band
       members and then re-recorded many of the same songs from "TtSoT"
       for "UtSW".  Significantly different versions (and typically
       without vocals on the newer release!).  Both releases are worth
       picking up.  And I think Jim sells them both also (TtSoT is hard
       to find outside of San Fran).

       Did anybody get any tapes of this event?

       Captain Cloud
       cjohnson at sur1a.hpsc.hisd.harris.com