hw: Moorcock and those books

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Mon Jan 8 13:29:29 EST 1996

> firstly, a happy new year/sun/etc to one and all &c.

ditto!

> oh yeh, and this bit in Michael Butterworth's entry, "He has just completed
> a novel, Time of the Hawklords ('Hawkwind rocking at the end of time',) in
> collaboration with Michael Moorcock" So, Moorcock was a collaborator on
> that, there's one for his cv  ;-)

errr - nope!   Last I heard MM was reluctant to acknowledge even that
the idea of the concept might have been his.   He certainly did not want
to be considered a collaborator of this lot.   So far as I understand it
Butterworth used the idea of Hawkwind as Hawklords and everything after
that was his own.   MM's name was used as a salespitch I suspect!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk