Hawkwind - Saucerful of Pink; UK version

Dr. Big Mike Light M.S.Wright at READING.AC.UK
Tue Jan 9 12:04:45 EST 1996

On Tue, 9 Jan 1996, Andrew A. Apold wrote:

> Before I got more into BOC and Hawkwind I used to be heavily into Pink Floyd
> (sill like them, just don't listen as often anymore).  I recently picked up
> a floyd tribute album called "A Saucerful of Pink"
<snip>
> But worth the price, IMHO, anyways, around $20 for 2-cd set, from Cleopatra.

This is also available on the UK label Cherry Red, CD BRED 120. I got it
for 12.50 poundlings, something of an absolute bargin.

I have also purchased 2 of the '4 CD compilation  packs' both from castle.

The first one is purple, is (c) 1993 and is called metal masters. The
tracks of bocl interest are
HW: Ghost Dance,  We do it, Space is deep, Earth calling
MH: Overkill, The hammer, Limb from limb
PFairies: Do it
Dumpy's rusty nuts: Boxhill or bust, Hot lover (OK not very bocl linked)

The second one is black, is (c) 1995 and is called monsters of rock
BOC: Don't fear the reaper (live), Born to be wild (live, and it sounds it)
HW: Silver machine, urban guerilla
MH: Ace of spades, Eat the rich
Tygers of pan tang (OK so a moorcock link is quite weak): straight as a
die, bad times
There are a couple of damned tracks on there, but not the one that lemmy
plays on.

Mike Wright, reporting from the cutting edge of sadness.