BOC Radio Play

Mark Jeffers stargaze at HEVANET.COM
Wed Jan 10 13:47:00 EST 1996

>> Hello,
>>
>>        I was wondering what BOC tunes people still hear on the radio
>> these days (not counting special programs).
>>
>>        I hear Reaper and Burnin' For You regularly these days, but beside
>> an occasional Cities on Flame or Goin' Through the Motions, that's about
>> it. Anyone else?
>

>The very concept of 'classic rock' as a format- hell, the very idea of
>'format' has killed any chance of anything interesting being played on the
>radio.
>
>I found myself part of a focus group which picks the songs on a local radio
>station.
>They play you little snippets and ask you to rate them.
>They don't ask you what you *want to hear* -just whether you like Green Day
>or not or whether you like Bob Segar's "Old Time Rock and Roll" or not.
>So, in my 'market' (Portland OR), apparantly, BOC is not considered air
>worthy.  So I have all their CDs.  To hell with commercial radio.
>
>"Act like a dumbshit and they'll treat you as an equal."
>-J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Well, I'm in Portland also and I've heard quite a few.  Besides the
regulars, DFtR, BfY, Godzilla, the local station occasionally plays Shooting
Shark and a whole side from ETL  They have also played special requests,
such as Black Blade, and The Vigil.  When I lived in LA I remember hearing
Lips in the Hills quite a bit as well as This Ain't the Summer of Love, Take
Me Away, Vet., and Sinful Love (once).

| Mark Jeffers                 |     Sound and fury drowns my heart   |
| aka Nolan Voyd               |     Every nerve is torn apart.....   |
| stargaze at hevanet.com         |               "Cygnus X-1"  - Rush   |