cult classic

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Thu Jan 11 01:04:11 EST 1996

On 10-JAN-1996 19:45:13.9 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >On Wed, 10 Jan 1996, John A Swartz wrote:
   >> While not wanting to get further into re-hashing the Cult Classic
   >> discussion here, why the songs were re-recorded is discussed in the
   >> FAQ, but bassically:
   >>
   >> Stephen King wanted to use "The Reaper" for the TV mini-series
   >adaptation > of his novel, "The Stand".  Columbia/CBS/Sony owned the
   >rights to the > song, so they couldn't just use the original version.
   >So, BOC re-did > the song, and got a one CD deal with Herald records
   >to re-record a bunch > of old material.
   >>
   >> John
   >>
   >Stephen King (mis)quotes from DFtR in the original release of The Stand,
   >hence his interest in the song for the TV miniseries.

And, for any newcomers, someone here mentioned a few months back that "Tatoo
Vampire" gets mentioned in The Talisman (by King and Peter Straub)! I dug
that book outta my dresser and found it.
Something about the heavy metal music of "Tatoo Vampire" floating along the
air, or something... May sound kinda corny, but anyone who refers to that
killer tune is tops in my book.

Chuck
BLHA LBHA
HELLO

"Vampire photo  suckin' the skin..."

`[1;37;44mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive