A view on the state of BOC

Thu Jan 11 10:18:04 EST 1996

Eric, I disagree with some of your "friend's" comments.  One being that
BOC should somehow take their music/songwriting to a different level
since this is no longer the 70's.  Or that BOC shouldn't be trying to
appeal to the same age group now since they are older.  This is flawed
thinking, IMHO.  BOC (and any artist for that matter) should do whatever
makes them happy as far as producing music goes, and hopefully people
will like it -- but I personally feel the artist should be happy first.
If it doesn't work for yourself, how do you expect it to work for
others?  And why should BOC suddenly try to appeal to older people?
In general, it's the younger folks who buy the albums and go to the
shows (I said in general), so why shouldn't the band continue to try
to appeal to young people?

Also, this person has seemed to have lost sight of the fact that BOC
was much deeper musically and lyrically than the "ROck til you drop" songs
 -- this band was always much deeper than that so I think the person
is way off base with that comment.

And finally, something which I've said before -- sure BOC hasn't put
out a lot of new stuff lately, and sure I like hearing new stuff.
BUT -- none of that detracts from my love of the band.  I still like
to put on my old BOC CD's and listen to the classics.  If I want to
listen to some new stuff, I'll put on something else, but that does
not take away from the great music that BOC has brought to me.

John