A view on the state of BOC

Steve zaius at TELEPORT.COM
Thu Jan 11 11:27:59 EST 1996

This guy was right on. They need to make that jump into the 21st Century.
Neil Young did it. Ozzy Osbourne did it. Why not BOC? It's basically the
same brain trust that came up with the older, weirder stuff.
My girlfiend thinks I'm nuts to like BOC, but she likes the older
stuff-thinks it's very punk. And it is.  The production values- they just
play straight through amps without overproduction.

I have a natural aversion to anthems, so that's why I thought Club Ninja
was a hummer. I have a feeling that their next album is going to be another
Club Ninja. But I remain hopeful: More creepy, badass songs about sinister
UFOs, and Vampires ("The Toadies" have turned the Vampire genre into a
songwriting goldmine) less songs about interpersonal relationships and "How
Fun It Is To Rock On"

"Act like a dumbshit and they'll treat you as an equal."
-J.R. "Bob" Dobbs