A view on the state of BOC/ In regards to Bolle

BREVARD Adrian R. ABrevard at SHIWAS01.WASHINGTON.MM2.SHL.COM
Thu Jan 11 16:09:00 EST 1996

Wouldn't say you were wrong on your opinions there Jazza, nor is the
forwarded friend message totally off base.  People who aren't big fans of
BOC tend to feel that way about them (at least the people I've talked to).
 Killer riffs and intelligent lyrics aside BOC dosen't appeal to a lot of
people anymore; probably because MTV and radio stations do not flood the
senses with BOC music.  Turn on almost any rock station and you can hear the
same songs by the newer groups every hour.  Play your radio for a month and
you may hear one BOC song if your lucky.

Certainly new material would help, but the band does have a way of making
new fans with their live performances.    In regards to Bolle's comments it
seems that the band puts too much of their control in the hands of
management, i.e., acting big though they are anything but, from a commercial
standpoint.  If they are making good money doing what they are doing and are
happy to be making this money then maybe they lack the motivation to put out
the new material.  If what Bolle is saying can be interpreted as "thats why
we have managers" then the band is akin to dumb jocks, allowing others to
set their future and guard their well being.  A serious lack of vision or
motivation is whats bugging BOC nowadays.  Perhaps they are too comfortable
to take a chance on doing something extreme and going for the throat, read
find us a label Steve we want this album on the market in six months.

I like Kens thoughts on this subject too.  Anybody know how sales of WOTT
and 3 pak are doing?

AB