Slough: 11/6/84

Andy Gilham AndyGilham at AOL.COM
Thu Jan 11 13:22:14 EST 1996

Bernhard says

>>What was the last Hawkwind gig at which Mr. Turner performed?
>It was  Brixton, 05.March.1989

Turner was there a part of his All-Stars (this was the Calvert memorial gig),
but I don't recall him being part of the Hawkwind line-up?  Unless he joined
for an encore, or some such?

I do remember him being a bit of a wanker at the end of the show, though,
refusing to leave the stage and basically spoiling the atmos.  I think he
might have had a beef with Brock taking what Turner thought was more than his
share of the proceeds.  But I didn't really want to hear about it.

>....and I hope it was his very last gig with HAWKWIND.....

That seems likely at this time...

- Andy

ObBook: Julian Cope - _Head-On: Memories of the Liverpool Punk-scene and the
story of The Teardrop Explodes; 1976-82_