HW Sonic Attack

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Thu Jan 11 14:18:17 EST 1996

> >Hawkwind are not alone in describing sonic weapons.
>
> I believe in an episode of Dr. Who, the good doctor (who always carries his
> trusty sonic screwdriver) used a "sonic scalpel" to cut something, but I'm
> not sure which episode...

Ah - the sonic screwdriver - the only "weapon" our peaceable Time Lord
was permitted to carry around with him!     It seemed to have an
invisibility cloak attached to it as well or maybe another
dimensionality in that it would vanish from the plot for ages only to
suddenly reappear again.   I think they kept forgetting about it.

In the graphic comic that starred Hawkwind (can't remember the title
now.... ?something Henry) Brock attacks some viscious evil beastie
that is threatening the universe et al with a blast of pure sonic
Hawk music.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk