HW Sonic Attack -Reply

Jon Jarrett jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Fri Jan 12 10:06:56 EST 1996

On Thu, 11 Jan 1996, Rob Stuckey wrote:

>     If I remember correctly, there was research done by Germany
>    in WW1 or WW2 into a weapon which could use Ultrasonics to
>    disable enemy troops.

        Dear Rob,
                  affirmative: don't know what they did in Germany, but
similar work was being done in Japan. There was a lot of Allied worries
about a Japanese `deathray', but by the surrender it could still only
kill a rabbit at 300 yards after half an hour... I assume this was
ultrasonics, but I could be wrong. Thought you might be interested anyway,
                                    JAZZA