HW: Sonic Attack -Reply

Chris Bates C.D.Bates at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK
Fri Jan 12 10:41:33 EST 1996

Jon Jarrett <jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK> wrote:

> There was a lot of Allied worries
> about a Japanese `deathray', but by the surrender it could still only
> kill a rabbit at 300 yards after half an hour... I assume this was
> ultrasonics, but I could be wrong.

hmmm.... very interesting. So where would a person get hold of one
of these if, say as an example, they wanted to dispose of noisy
neighbours? If it kills a rabbit in half an hour at that range I'm
sure it'd do 3 students at 30 feet in the 8 hours they're asleep.....

Not, of course, that I'm advocating killing noisy students but you'd
get away with it wouldn't you? They'd have mashed insides caused by
some unknown source wouldn't they? Can't see a coroners jury giving
anything other than an open verdict ;-)

The again if I did get my hands on one it'd be just like the bastard
Tories to go round handing out metal limbs, special cocoons and
complimentary simultaneous orgasms to all first time voters in an
ultimately successful bid to buy their votes :-(

Chris