HW/BOC: Sonic attack, and an alternative

Jon Jarrett jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Sat Jan 13 09:05:30 EST 1996

On Fri, 12 Jan 1996, Chris Bates wrote:

> Jon Jarrett <jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK> wrote:
>
> > There was a lot of Allied worries
> > about a Japanese `deathray', but by the surrender it could still only
> > kill a rabbit at 300 yards after half an hour... I assume this was
> > ultrasonics, but I could be wrong.
>
> hmmm.... very interesting. So where would a person get hold of one
> of these if, say as an example, they wanted to dispose of noisy
> neighbours? If it kills a rabbit in half an hour at that range I'm
> sure it'd do 3 students at 30 feet in the 8 hours they're asleep.....
>
> Not, of course, that I'm advocating killing noisy students but you'd
> get away with it wouldn't you? They'd have mashed insides caused by
> some unknown source wouldn't they? Can't see a coroners jury giving
> anything other than an open verdict ;-)
>
> The again if I did get my hands on one it'd be just like the bastard
> Tories to go round handing out metal limbs, special cocoons and
> complimentary simultaneous orgasms to all first time voters in an
> ultimately successful bid to buy their votes :-(
>

> Chris

        Dear Chris,
                    well, I don't know where you'd go now, I have to
admit, although the messages coming in makes it look like several
governments could tell you...
        However, I can't advocate the killing of students, naturally, so
I thought my trivia for today could be that there's a firm in California
( wouldn't it be? ) that started up two years ago, building replica
historical aircraft to the manufacturer's standards. Their first product?
The Me.262! Seven on order, but for a cool $350000 you can add your name
to the list, and then Westminster will tremble! You red or orange?
                                                                   JAZZA