BOC: Radio Birdman

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Thu Jan 18 08:06:56 EST 1996

> I remember this band being mentioned here a while back
> regarding BOC. I think they did a cover or two? Well, just
> thought I'd mention that I saw one of their albums today under
> the "Punk" category and it's called "Radios Appear" - searching
> frantically, I saw no other BOC referrences, no BOC covers,
> etc. I was also wondering if anyone can recommend or describe
> this band.
>
> Chuck

Chuck,
I have 'Radios Appear,' a great album, though I don't know how to
categorize it.  Punk is pretty close, but they also do some 'melodic'
stuff, not just pogoing music.  I believe they're from Australia, or
at least some of the band is.  I think that is their only album.
I've never seen the band, and I imagine they're long since disbanded.
I got the record quite some time ago, I'd guess in the early 80s.
The best song is a hillarious send up of 'Hawaii 5-0' called 'Aloha
from Steve and Danno.'  They were huge fans of this curious TV show,
and the song is littered with McGarrett's cliches.  Other great
tracks are 'Descent into the Maelstrom'(sp?) and 'Man With Golden
Helmet.' I don't remember any nods to BOC other than the album title,
though that's pretty cool.
theo