NIK: Eldslandet Gig with DarXtar 16/12/95

Johan Edlundh hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Fri Jan 19 01:55:12 EST 1996

>Gidday Hawkwfans!
>
>First of all, my thanks to Henrik HawkSwede for sending me the tapes!
>
>It seems that the folk in Sweden where swept back to 1973 in
>December last year. I quite enjoyed the tapes of the Nik Turner gig
>backed by DarXtar. I haven't listened to all of the DarXtar only
>tape yet, but the NikWind section was great. Nik *still* can't sing
>for shit, but the music itself seems to be very true to the original
>Hawkwind. I was somewhat surprised by the inclusion of _Kadu Flyer_,
>and have learnt that you *can* have 'un-plugged' Hawkwind ... as in
>the end of _High Rise_. _Sonic Attack_ was the only track that I was
>dissappointed with.

hmm,
visual the Sonic Attack section was a hit - imagine uncle Nik, with insanity in his panic wide eyes and sweat dripping thru the painted face, talking into the mouth in his sax to get the metallic edge into the vocals...
the whole scene was... eh, unearthly

>So ends the shortest review of my 'career'.

better with short reviews, than no reviews at all!

>Paul

\\joe