New Live Chronicles video.

M Holmes fofp at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Fri Jan 19 08:05:01 EST 1996

Re this message a while back:

---- Start of forwarded text ----

> Just got this info from someone at Visionary who's online.
> Unfortunately he confirms that there are no immediate plans to release
> this on VHS tape.

> VISIONARY / NEW RELEASE INFORMATION

> Cat No.  VVCD 01 Artist HAWKWIND Title The Chronicle Of The Black
> Sword Duration 70 mins SRP.  14.99 BBFC Cert.  E Barcode 5013929750012
> Release Date 23 October 1995

> Visionary are proud to announce the release of their first Video CD.
> A special edition of Hawkwind's celebrated Chronicle of the Black
> Sword tour footage, presented, for the first time, with the previously
> unseen encore and full stereo digital soundtrack.  This is the first
> ever serious release of its kind on this new format by an independent
> label.

> Track listing SONGS OF THE SWORDS / SEA KING / MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE
> CHOOSE YOUR MASQUES / NEEDLEGUN / ZARZONIA / BRAINSTORM MOONGLUM /
> ELRIC THE ENCHANTER / MAGNU / HORN OF DESTINY CODED LANGUAGES / BORN
> TO GO / UTOPIA / LEVITATION

> HAWKWIND's classic stage production of "The Chronicle Of The Black
> Sword" as performed at London's Hammersmith Odeon 1985.  Based on the
> "Elric" stories by Michael Moorcock.

> featuring TONY CRERAR as "Elric" & KRIS TAIT as "Zarozinia"

> narration by MICHAEL MOORCOCK

> The original show is augmented by the four bonus tracks which feature
> rare footage of Michael Moorcock onstage performing alongside the
> band.

> This disc is a "White Book" Video CD and can be played with digital
> stereo sound on CD-I and MPEG compatible players

> best wishes -- Richard J.King

> VISONARY COMMUNICATIONS, PO BOX 30, LYTHAM ST.ANNES, FY8 1RL, ENGLAND
> http://www.state51.co.uk/state51/visionary/

---- End of forwarded text ----

I finally got it converted from CD-I to PAL-VHS tape. The advertising is
slightly misleading re the 4 extra tracks. In fact "Born To Go" and
"Levitation" are simply reprises of these songs. "Utopia" is thankfully
"Arrival In Utopia" though and that and "Coded Languages" appear
complete. Moorcock however appears only on "Coded Languages" and the
"Born To Go" reprise.

FoFP