OFF: Internet Ripoff

Paul Ward sonique at AARDVARK.APANA.ORG.AU
Fri Jan 19 20:20:26 EST 1996

On Fri, 19 Jan 1996, Paul Mather wrote:

> I think the basic idea behind it is that the flashing LEDs---in
> concert with the sound---are supposed to make your brain enter certain
> states in which it is more "open."  I have heard of these kind of
> devices being popular in Japan, for purposes of relaxation and
> meditation.  I have not heard of them being used in conjunction with
> "learning."

One of the last episodes of _Northern Exposure_ featured one of these
headsets (or something similar). The DJ was using it during some daytime
naps, and supposedly when using it could control his dreams. Funny thing
was that these dreams where all about this woman (erotic of course), and
also had Maggie in them (who he was seeing at the time). One day he
*thought* he was dreaming when Maggie paid him a visit ......

Paul
--
Paul Ward        aka: Assassin Sonique'      .---.  __  .--------   Long
R & D Manager, P & C Micro's Pty Ltd        /     \( o`-,  -----   may