Off: Internet Ripoff Ripped

Rudich, Robert A Rudich at VOLPE2.DOT.GOV
Fri Jan 19 11:46:00 EST 1996

>I think the basic idea behind it is that the flashing LEDs---in
>concert with the sound---are supposed to make your brain enter certain
>states in which it is more "open."

The device is supposed to induce the "Alpha" wave state in the mind (similar
to meditation and hypnosis).  Whether it does or not is beyond my knowledge.
 Like hypnosis, the mind is supposed to be more accepting of input.  I made
mention of state dependent learning here a while ago.  If this did work, the
new knowledge would be best used while in the alpha state (according to some
studies on alpha state learning).  So, if you learned a language this way,
you'd have to wear the goggles to carry on a conversation.  No free lunch I
guess.  Better to spend the money on a HW boot.

Rudy