Imaginos post mortem

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Fri Jan 19 14:14:45 EST 1996

>         No way--this was at the same time that loud guitar music was
> drifting into the charts again: Guns & Roses, Metallica were just starting
> to get heard in the US.  Say rather "no support from the the label" for
> a band that had been dossing around for years and suddenly had a record
> of "unknown origin".
>         I've always maintained that _Imaginos_ would have been huge if
> there had been proper support and the band wasn't in space.  I
> woulda picked "I am the One" as the first single, though.  What a monster
> riff ...
>
> Cheers,
> Carl
Carl,
Right you are.  I saw BOC right after Imaginos' release, and they
played in a local club--the same club I saw them at BEFORE the
release of 'Club Ninja.'   The only thing they played from 'Imaginos'
was 'I Am the One...'  Had they already accepted their fate as a
nostalgia act, pandering to the 'greatest hits' mentality of old-time
fans who hadn't kept pace?
theo