HW: Social Alliance Live?

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Fri Jan 19 14:17:05 EST 1996

> FoFP>Then it acted as a prelude to "Social Alliance" the
> FoFP>live version of which knocks spots off the one Brock released as the
> 7".
>
> I checked the Codex to see where this appeared to add to my priority list
> and the Codex has two versions, but neither noted as live.  I take it #2, on
> _Zones_, for example, is the live one.   I know _Zones_ is a mix of live and
> studio.   I haven't gotten _Zones_  yet since I've seen some lukewarm
> comments about it.

If the Zones version is live then it's been so studio altered as not to
rate a live listing in the Codex.   Could someone confirm this?

The double entry for Zones is because Zones and Do Not Panic shared
a re-issue CD and both sets of tracks are therefore listed for this.
It, however, remains the first Zones version - note that the numbers
stay the same.

Social Alliance
    1     Social Alliance/ Raping Robots in the Street 7"
    1     Independent Days, Vol. I
    2     Zones
    2     Zones/Stonehenge CD
    2     Best of Hawkwind Friends & Relations CD [Anagram]

As far as Utopia is concerned the listings are as follows:

Arrival In Utopia
    1     Choose Your Masques
    1     Angels of Death
    1     25 Years On [Griffin 4-CD Set]
 L  2     Live At Reading '86  {Utopia}
 L  3     The Cyberspace Conspiracy
 L  4     Lords of Light, Kings of Speed

Utopia
    1     Choose Your Masques
Utopia '84
 L  1     Solstice at Stonehenge 1983
    2     Zones
    2     Zones/Stonehenge CD

The spoken bit is in fact properly entitled "Utopia '84" (the Utopia on
Choose Your Masques is just instrumental noise, if I recall correctly)
However, yeah - I guess there should be a cross reference under Utopia
to cover the mis-naming of the tracks, especially at Reading.

Next time we're updating......    Probably after Lurve in Space is
released I guess.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk