No subject

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Sat Jan 20 15:00:04 EST 1996

>   Anyway, I've noticed all this discussion about Web Weaver on
>   Harlow 74.
>   Maybe it's been discussed before my time BUT can anybody
>   please justify to me why this tape is listed as HARLOW 74 as
>   opposed to WINDSOR: HOME PARKS ART FEATIVAL 23.9.73?
>  Jes.

Yeah - there was a long discussion  (did anyone keep it?) about this
which centered around the fact that (I think this is right) the Windsor
and Harlow tapes are the same and were mis-attributed at some stage.
The discussion revolved around the fact that (1) there were several
powercuts at one of the venues which may or may not be evident on the
tapes (2) Mike Moorcock only did the "Warriors We Need You" chant at one
of the venues - it's mentioned in one of the Hawkwind history books and
this may or may not be evident on the tapes and (3) at one of the
suggested venue dates Moorcock (on his own admission) was so out of it
(I think that was the one with the story of Nik Turner in a frog-suit
rushing late onto the stage and skidding off the end) that the tape
concerned couldn't possibly be a recording from that venue.

I also thought that Harlow 73 came into the discussion somewhere down
the line but that's probably just confusing the issue!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk