Imaginos tour/Stalk Forrest Group

M.R.VARLEY m.r.varley at UCLAN.AC.UK
Mon Jan 22 09:15:54 EST 1996

Hello all,

Here in the UK BOC played a tour after the release of Imaginos (about
Feb 1988 if I remember right). I saw the Manchester date and
they played 3 Imaginos songs: I Am The One, In the Presence and
Astronomy (Imaginos not Secret Treaties version). I've seen them both
times they've played the UK since then (both a 'tour' consisting of
one UK date only - London) and no Imaginos songs were played.

Some of the BOC info on the Internet mentions a rumoured '200 or so
copies' of a Stalk Forrest Group single from the unreleased Elektra
album. Well I can confirm it since I bought that single (What is
Quicksand b/w Arthur Comics) back in the late 1970s. A record
collector's shop had it for stlg5 (quite a lot then!) but I decided it
was worth it! If anyone wants I can put the details (label number
etc.) on a mailing but I don't suppose it will be that easy to get.

It seems BOC tour a lot in the US. Here I've seen them 10 times (at
least once on each UK tour except the first in 1975 (I was only 13
then!) and the last time (London Dec 1995) was definitely one of the
best! Does anyone know of the likelihood of a forthcoming UK tour?!

Cheers

Martin