Imaginos post mortem

jean l delacour delacour at UNM.EDU
Mon Jan 22 19:00:43 EST 1996

On Mon, 22 Jan 1996, Hardman DK wrote:

> > John,
> > thanks for seting me straight.  if i get your chronology, it WAS
> > possible that BOC played at least a tour (or some gigs) with just
> > Buck and Eric from the original band?  this all makes sense, 'cause i
> > thought the guy on bass MIGHT have been joe.  Must have been some
> > replacement who looked a little like joe.
> > theo
> >
> Certainly when BOC hit London on the CN tour, Joe was no longer in the band.
>
> Dave

Dave:

Actually, Joe WAS still with the band for the UK leg of that tour.
CN was released in the Fall of 1985, and BOC embarked on the UK tour
in November and December of 1985.  The band returned to the States and
played the Ritz in NYC on New Year's Eve 1986.

Immediately after that show, BOC returned to Europe (the contintent) and
resumed to tour there from late January thru late February of 1986.  As
Bolle wrote in one of the issues of Morning Final, Joe became physically
sick during those late days of touring Europe.  Joe's last gig with the
band was in Berlin in February, 1986.  After that gig, Joe called it
quits due to his health and because of that "disasterous" tour.

CN was released (Stateside)in the beginning of 1986 and some big shows were
lined up for the States to begin in March.  And that's when Jon Rogers was
called in to replace Joe.

Just lettin' you know.

Regards,

Manuel