Imaginos post mortem

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Tue Jan 23 13:44:51 EST 1996

> As far as another CN-era song that wasn't put on an album (a la "Wings of
> Mercury"), well, you got me there.  Do you remember anything in particular
> about it (lyrics?)?  "Wings of Mercury", according to Bolle wasn't put
> on the album because it was thought to be somewhat simplistic (yeah, I
> know - like "Beat 'em Up" wasn't?), and they apparently didn't want
> another leather biker type song (at least not for Club Ninja - probably
> along the lines of trying to make the album more "commercial").  Oh
> well - I would've liked to have seen them keep "Wings of Mercury".  O
>
> On a side note, with the prevalence of bikers at many of their club gigs
> these days, it'd be interesting to see BOC do a whole "biker set" -
> adding such numbers as "Wings of Mercury", "Feel The Thunder", "Golden
> Age of Leather", and "Born to be Wild", among others.
>
> John

John, I can't remember much about the other CN-reject, but I did hear
it at least once.  BOC actually played 'Mercury' at a
gig just after CN's release, even though they nixed it from the
album!  I saw them twice in a brief span.  Once about six months
before CN came out, where they played 'Mercury' and the other tune,
and then once 'supporting' CN.  I take it 'Mercury' is another biker
tune akin to 'Feel the Thunder?' Are the lyrics in the FAQ or the
volume available from the fan club?

A biker set would be, ahem, killer!
theo