HW: Stonehenge 77

Martyn Lawrence martynl at FUJITSU.COM.AU
Wed Jan 24 12:41:19 EST 1996

> Hello
>
> >What about "Cake out",I believe this was recorded at Stonehenge '77,it
> >certainly sounds circa '77 HW,I only wish it was longer :-) lots of blanga.
>
> I am 99 % sure that it was NOT recorded at STONEHENGE but during a studion
> session like VALIUM 10 or DOUGLAS IN THE JUNGLE..........
>

> Cheers
> Bernhard

It might be from a studio session ,but it definately sounds like Brock,Shaw,King
and House.The bass is totally different to the style on valium 10 etc,and the
keyboards are reminiscent of damnation alley.I remember that the info sheets
given by wolden studios about releases,put it recorded at stonehenge 77.
Although I wrote to Brian Tawn many moons ago re:Spirit of the age from F+R 2,
which states it was recorded in Chicago ?,when it sounds like the weird tape
from stonehenge.He reply was that Brock sometimes forgets where certain things
were recorded,so its not always what it states on the lp covers etc.

I also had a look at Dec Mojo and saw the review and photo of Mr tree,the revie
w is just like any music rag review of hawkwind,but at least they put the
tracklist down which I think is a good idea.

regards

Marty