off: (but hw-ish) strange things afoot

Yuri Gagarin A.Wilson at DERBY.AC.UK
Wed Jan 24 10:05:25 EST 1996

a bizarre chains of events started by this very list have left me pondering
the wheels that turn within wheels...

a couple of days ago i noted jill recommending in the beginning to, i think,
rudich. "Ah, yes," thought i, "verily a blangafest", but mournfulness
o'ertook me as i remembered my parting with said plastic wheel. In sadder
days when various, uh, debts habitually ate my dole i was once forced to
sell a hefty chunk of vinyl to a shop in london. Long since have i sought
this lost treasure. Then jill's post put me in mind to trawl the shops of derby,
and LO! This morning did i find that lost disc for the pauperly sum 3.99ukp.

Not so strange as yet, but, removing inner from outer, my hair did stand on
the back of my neck and a chill northern gust did stir my beating heart; on
that otherwise blank square of paper, my loping scrawl i did spy.

The very disc i had parted with, some six summers since was returned to
my trembling hand.....

Strange is the fate of those that follow the Hawk

yuri