HW: Re - cd's oops

Rudich, Robert A Rudich at VOLPE2.DOT.GOV
Wed Jan 24 10:52:00 EST 1996

>>1. Masters of the Universe ( import )  $21.98

>Supposed to be released on Griffin, mine is still on order, but I think
some have >sighted it.  Price is around $14 for the domestic.

Sorry, about that, I have _Mighty Hawkwind Classics_ on my mind.   Off the
top of my head I don't know which of the 3 Masters releases this is.  Below
is a recent commentary  from \\joe on the three versions.

Rudy

{the first one was the second HW compilation (the first was _Roadhawks_)
which was out on vinyl back in 1977. The cover had an excellent artwork, and
among the tracks is "It's so easy" which appears for the first time on an
album. This was later reissued on EMI/Fame as a CD.

the second in this series was a (Marble Arch) compilation, based on the
three _Anthology_ albums and _Levitation. The cover is one of the most
uninspired HW covers of all times, far beyond the avant garde of _...Yuri
Gagarin_, the pubertal comics on the _Friday Rock Show_ or even the Short
Circuit of _Early Daze_. There's no need at all to buy this CD, if you're
not a *seriously* demented HawkFan.

the third _Masters of the Universe_ was seen as a CD 1992 (on the label
Thunderbolt), and it was almost the same as the 1985 vinyl _In the
Beginning_. It had the same sleeve, but a new name. Also the LP sides was
swapped, so what was side B on the vinyl had now been the beginning on the
'92 CD. _In the Beginning_ was the first LP of the double vinyl _Text of
Festival_, which was the LP without their famous jam session "Sound...
Shouldn't... Improvise... Compromise... Reprise"

\\joe  }