HW: Undisclosed Files

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Wed Jan 24 13:32:22 EST 1996

> > >3. Undisclosed File Addendum  $13.98
> >
> > Pretty available and at that price.  I like it.
>
> I gave my copy away.  It's a very raw sound, which I expected for the
> 1984 tracks, but the 1989 tracks are no better.  Coded Languages includes
> a bit of Nik being a prat, although he makes up for it on Damned By The
> Curse Of Man, which is excellent.  Other than that, I thought the playing,
> singing, and choice of tracks was uninspired.

I rather like this CD!   I agree there's not much subtlety on it
(with the exception of Curse Of Man and I'd have bought this album
for that track alone) but they play most of the tracks really fast and
it's a good live rock music of the Palace Springs type sound.   The
sound is, unfortunately, that of a "live recording" so it's by no
means good studio quality, but I'm impressed by the energy of the
tracks.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk