off: (but hw-ish) strange things afoot

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Wed Jan 24 14:09:15 EST 1996

> a bizarre chains of events started by this very list have left me pondering
> the wheels that turn within wheels...
>
> a couple of days ago i noted jill recommending in the beginning to, i think,
> rudich. "Ah, yes," thought i, "verily a blangafest", but mournfulness
> o'ertook me as i remembered my parting with said plastic wheel. In sadder
> days when various, uh, debts habitually ate my dole i was once forced to
> sell a hefty chunk of vinyl to a shop in london. Long since have i sought
> this lost treasure. Then jill's post put me in mind to trawl the shops of derby,
> and LO! This morning did i find that lost disc for the pauperly sum 3.99ukp.

Heh - but I have not done the very same!    There's a fair amount of
vinyl I would willingly now go in search of again.....

I'm worried tho' that I find myself recommending "In The Beginning"!
"Text of Festival"  is excellent and ItB does have chunks of ToF in it
(if I remember correctly), but I didn't realise I'd quite gone that far!

Clearly beginning to lose it here.....

> Not so strange as yet, but, removing inner from outer, my hair did stand on
> the back of my neck and a chill northern gust did stir my beating heart; on
> that otherwise blank square of paper, my loping scrawl i did spy.
>
> The very disc i had parted with, some six summers since was returned to
> my trembling hand.....

2nd hand books have this wierd habit of returning as well!

> Strange is the fate of those that follow the Hawk

Yea the Hawk watches all.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk