Conv w/ Bolle / Q for Albert!

Albert T Bouchard ir004728 at INTERRAMP.COM
Wed Jan 24 20:34:54 EST 1996

Sorry to be posting so late to this thread but I have to decide each day
now whether to check out my boc-l or work on the new tunes. I guess you
know what I usually pick.

>>6.  Bolle is working on an article for GOLDMINE on BOC's history.  Rumor
>>has it that it will appear sometime during the last days of may.
>
>kewl...

This guy who's writing it is Don Roeser's cousin (Steve) and he's really
trying to do a good job. I'm supposed to talk to him soon.

>and finally, Eric mentioned at a gig that "we haven't played that (I'm on The
>Lamb But I Ain't No Sheep) in 18 yrs" which would've been 1977...or was he
>just blowin' smoke?  From asking the ones with the most extensive live tape

blowing smoke I'd say.

>collections, Sheep has yet to turn up on any live tapes...this would be a Q
>directed to Herr Bouchard, who had played with the band since its
>incarnation...I have a feeling that this song was never played live, and was
>already reworked as the Red and the Black on the Bootleg EP...or, was the Red
>and The Black reworked as Sheep for the debut album?

No and no.  We played 'Lamb' on the Alice Cooper, Spirit, Mahavishnu and
James Gang tours in 1972 and it evolved into the Red & Black arangement.
The final stroke was rewriting the chorus and then we rerecorded it on
Tyranny.
Al